To Hard Slap or To Soft slap
“To hard slap or to soft slap?” that is the question I get all the time! A lot of people ask which one is of preference and which one should you use more. My answer: BOTH
As a TRUE triple threat you should know how to do both slaps. Having the two in your arsenal is going to make you that much more of a threat at the plate. You want to be able to leverage both slaps and be able to do them 50/50.
Hard slaps & soft slaps are similar because:
- Can be used for base hits
- Score Runs
- Trip up a defense
This is how they differ…..
- Used for extra base hits/ want to get ball to outfield
- Great against rise ball pitchers/ higher velocity pitchers
- Defense plays you shallow/shifts
- Move runners/instead of sacrifice
- Medium to high velocity/ side to side pitchers
- Ground is hard/ Defense is deep or straight up
If you are a newbie slapper focus on one at first, master and add the other. Which one first you ask? Whichever comes more natural to you should be first. I will say the majority of the time, bouncing the ball is more difficult to learn so that may be a good start to give yourself some time to get it down.
I would love to hear which slap you mastered/learned first?? Reply back and let me know!
Have a great week!
Attention to all my Southern California peeps! I’m leading 2 more live classes this summer. Click the image for more info!!